Mr. Mike Cline, Vice President
Board of Tipton County Commissioners exness
Commissioner Phone: (765) 675-7921
Cell Phone: (765) 513-4424
Home: (765) 947-5383
Each county is governed by a Board of THREE
The terms of office of
In general, the Board of County Commissioners is responsible for the administration of all county business.
The Commissioners may enact ordinances to meet local conditions and exercise other authority vested in the Board by the legislature.
The Commissioners meet every other Monday at
in the Commissioners room on the second floor of the Tipton County Courthouse.
SERVES AS FINANCE BOARD and DRAINAGE BOARD
The Board of County Commissioners serves as a
GENERAL POWERS and DUTIES
1. Controlling, maintaining, and supervising county property.
2. Auditing and authorizing of claims against the county
3. Receiving of bids and authorization of contracts
4. Preparing of the annual budget for Commissioners, courthouse,
Drainage Board, Landfill,
5. Serving with the
6. Making recommendations to the County Council as to the amount of salary to be paid to each county officer.
7. Making appointment to advisory boards, commissions, and other agencies, as provided by law.
8. Furthering economic development
9. Providing planning and zoning
10. Highway Projects Supervision and Ordinances
11. Authorizing financial assistance and services for the mentally ill and mental retardation.
f you wish to send the Tipton County Commissioners
Tipton County Commissioners
Mr. Gerald Shuck, Member